What makes a wig great?
Many women have different opinions about what makes a wig great while most men are generally puzzled about the subject. The reason is not farfetched: most men cannot tell the difference between a human wig and a synthetic one. In this article, we will discuss what makes a wig better than another.
Before we get started, it’s important to state that wigs are of different types and they all have women who wear them daily who can be concerned as their fans. This might make selecting the best type of wig a little hard as we all have our views and personal preferences. Now let’s get started.
Human hair vs Synthetic Wigs
Human hair and synthetic hair are the two major products in this huge market, and they have their pros and cons. Human hair wigs are expensive because they are just like natural hair that can be easily styled and with other appealing features. Synthetic wigs, on the other hand, are affordable and are ideal for people on a budget, which is one of the reasons they are a popular preference.
5 things that makes a great wig
Now, let’s examine what makes a great wig:
- Durable: A high-quality wig should last long so you can have value for money. You want to wear a wig that you can use for some decent amount of time without having to worry about changing it because it still looks fabulous. Never buy a wig that feels like a dish sponge or one that you can’t wash or use heat on as it’s a sign that it’s of inferior quality.
- Look natural: A great wig ought to look like it’s not a wig. It should create the illusion that it is natural, meaning it must look perfect. It should bring comfort when you wear it and make you feel gorgeous.
- Texture: As you may have noticed, human hair is usually softer, shinier and more durable than synthetic hair. Feel the texture of the hair, and it should be smooth if you scrub it downward but resistant if you scrub it upwards. If it doesn’t resist when you scrub upward, walk away – fast!
- Easy to style: Some wigs are rigid in appearance and can be very difficult to part or style, lacking that versatility a great wig should have. A quality wig should be versatile enough for you to style it into up-dos, braids and many other hairstyles.
- Color: Most high-quality wigs come in natural colors which could either be black or brown. They usually don’t lose their color no matter how long you use them because they will still look great. Of course, you can later dye the wig if you want a different color, but a great wig acquires more of its color through exposure to sunlight.
In summary, you should be able to decide if a wig is great by carrying out self-evaluation. Does it make you look good? Can you afford it? Do you feel comfortable wearing it? The real worth of a wig is how well it meets your needs of looking and feeling fabulous.